Michigan Transfer Agreement Cmu

Below we describe the MTA courses by sending institution. These courses were evaluated to meet the distribution needs of the College of Literature, Science and the Arts (LSA). Other schools and higher education institutions have different requirements with regard to the transmission of MTA course points and different requirements with regard to the courses required for admission. Please read our requirements and deadlines (add a link). In 2012, the Michigan Legislature added language to the Community College Endowments Act, which focused on improving the transferability of basic university courses, revising the current Michigan Association of College and Admissions Officers (MACRAO) agreement and renaming it the Michigan Transfer Agreement. A student must complete at least 30 credits with at least a 2.0 in each course to meet the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Credits from students who have visited different institutions are assessed and registered to meet the “MTA” transfer requirements or education requirements of North Central Michigan College, as long as their home institutions agree that these courses meet the general educational requirements, as outlined in the Michigan Transfer Agreement. The person must take a credit course at North Central Michigan College to obtain the satisfactory MTA indication on their transcript. By the degree of an associate type or (AA) of a science degree (AS), students have obtained MTA. Students can also meet the requirements of the MTA by resuming certain courses. The MTA replaced the MACRAO agreement for new students enrolled for the first time during the fall semester of 2014. Students who participated before autumn 2014 can still conclude the MACRAO agreement until the end of summer 2019 or opt for MTA.

Below is a list of credit distributions to be completed for the MTA. Some colleges have special articulation agreements with Schoolcraft College for certain programs that allow students to transfer more than the typical 60 credits. See the articulation agreements Select a higher education institution or university in the following list: For more information about the MTA or MACRAO contract, please contact student service at (231) 348-6605. Many higher education institutions and universities draw up transfer guides to help you in the transfer process. Among schools that have guides, many do not offer guides for all majors. In addition, some schools only offer transfer guides for education. If you can`t find a transfer guide for your selected core subject or need additional information, contact the university department of the university you want to visit or contact your schoolcraft College advisor….